Mother's Day is nearly upon us and you need to start thinking how you can possibly repay her for all that she's done for you throughout the year - flowers are a good start!
If you follow these simple steps and essential tips, you're sure to increase the lifespan of your cut flowers or arrangement and will get to enjoy their beauty longer. Most floral arrangements last 4-7 days, depending on the flowers used and the care they receive.
For Floral Arrangements
1. keep the vase filled (or floral foam soaked) with fresh water containing flower food.
2. If possible re-cut stems by removing one or two inches.
3. Immediately place the stems in water.
4. Keep flowers in a cool place (18-22 degrees Fahrenheit), away from direct sunlight, heating, wind, directly under ceiling fans.
5. Most flowers will last longer under cooler conditions.
For Loose Flowers
1. keep your flowers in a cool place until you can get them in a fresh water container.
2. fill a clean vases with water, remove leaves that will be below the waterline. Leaves in water will promote bacterial microbial growth that may limit water uptake by the flower.
3. re-cut stems by removing one or two inches with a sharp knife or scissors.
Follow these simple steps and you'll get to enjoy your blooms for longer!
Click here to view our full range of floral arrangements and bouquets.